Thursday, June 26, 2008

London Calling...

Well after a 12 month hiatus I finally have something interesting to write about :P

I left Sydney yesterday (no wait... on Tuesday 24/6, evening Sydney time), and arrived in London yesterday (really) at 20:00 London time. Which makes... a long time in the air.

Events that transpired to make such a long trip were-

-Being diverted from HK to Manila because there was a typhoon passing over HK, and sitting in our plane for an hour and a half waiting for the typhoon to pass

-Landing in HK, with an hour and a half to my connecting flight, only to be delayed further because of the typhoon

-Having to transfer from Gate 4 to Gate 70 because there was a problem with our plane that couldn't be fixed

-Meeting Cel & Jen at the wrong Burger King at Paddington Station (there is one inside and one outside the station)

Despite all that I finally made it :) On the bright side, Cathay's refitted planes are quite nice, the seats are now fixed back, but the cushioning slides up and down. The legroom is increased over the old style seats significantly (I know because I got an old one for my second sector!). Plus the entertainment system is great.

Went out to dinner with Jen & Des Yve & Stu and Di, food was very good at the Iraqi Grill! Great to see all you guys again :) Thanks so much to Jen & Des for their hospitality.

We're flying out to Barcelona this afternoon, will post more then.

No comments: