Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 8

Day 8

I don't have any photos from today, we didn't really do much sight-seeing, just took the flight from Madrid to Lisbon. We cross another time-zone, so the flight only takes 15 minutes :P

I think it's at this point that I find out that the bloody Eee, magnificent bastard that it is, has buggered my iPod. It has tried to synchronise it or something, and as a consequence my iPod will no longer play any of the TV shows I had on it and will not play any of my iTunes Music Store music, presumably because it thinks it's now synced with the Eee, not my regular PC any more. Dammit! If anyone knows how to fix this easily let me know!

Lisbon accommodation is a bit nicer than our Madrid accommodation, ironically named the VIP Executive Hotel Madrid. In Lisbon. Yeah you work it out. And it seems the nicer the place, the less likely it is to have free internet. This place charged 5 Euro an hour! Which is mostly why I have not been able to upload any of these posts or pictures until now.

I don't know what it is about European cities, but none that I have visited have even halfway decent supermarkets. They have an abundance of tiny little crap ones, but no good big ones. In Lisbon for example we have 3 “MiniPrecco”s within about 2 blocks. However none of these really carry a decent selection of... well anything really. Plus they close at 8pm! What's the go there!? Anyway I have no idea where Europeans buy their groceries from, I feel very sorry for them if this is indeed the case everywhere.

No comments: